Electrifying transport in Europe has the potential to increase all Europeans’ access to cheaper and more reliable mobility. Electro-mobility also forms a central component of the EU’s drive to decarbonize its whole economy in line with the Paris Agreement.
In the context of the European Commission’s “Clean Energy for all Europeans” package, the Platform for Electro-mobility is organizing this event to discuss how we can accelerate the transition to electro-mobility. How do we roll out more charging infrastructure? How do we overcome regulatory bottlenecks at EU and national level? What is the right role of alternative fuels in moving us towards full electro-mobility?
The Platform is grateful to Ismail Ertug MEP for hosting our event in the European Parliament. Each of the Platform’s 25 members will be sending expert representatives and we will also be hearing from the deputy head of Vice-President Maroš Šefčovič cabinet, as well as Member State transport attaches and NGOs.
The full programme is below.
Join us and add your voice to the debate.
17:30 – Registration
18:00 – Start of the event
Welcome speech by Ismail Ertug (S&D), Member of the European Parliament, Member of the TRAN and EMIS Committees.
Introduction: Platform presentation by Chairman – Nicolas Erb, EU Director Alstom
Keynote speaker: Christian Linder, member of the Šefčovič Cabinet
Panel Discussion moderated by Greg Archer, Director Clean Vehicles, T&E
- European Commission Representative: Peter Handley, Secretary General, European Commission
- EU Member State Representative: Dr. Klaus Bonhoff, Managing Director German agency NOW
- NGO representative: Frederic Hauge, Founder and President of Bellona
- Utilities representative: Tina Zierul, E-Mobility Program Manager at EON Technologies
- Transport representative: Umberto Guida, Director Research & Innovation, UITP
19:30-20:00 – Networking session
Deadline to register for the event: March 23 (request from the European Parliament security services)